Sunday, March 30, 2014

Two Little Pigs - a poem



Two Little Pigs 

by Susan Paczek 

 Once upon a time on a farm 
Two little pigs shared a barn stall
One thought life was gloom, doom and harm
The other thought life was a ball

The happy pig said to his pal one day 
"Let’s go romp around in all the flowers
The sun is out, the fields smell sweet with hay
We can play around outside for hours"

“Nope” said his friend “I’m staying put in this pen  
I think I see clouds forming over there 
And I can’t see why you’d want to frolic when 
There’s so much danger lurking everywhere"

Later when the happy pig was done enjoying his day 
He couldn’t find his pal so he asked a mouse
The mouse said “Oh. The farmer came and took your friend away
I believe he is down at the slaughterhouse”.

Papier Mache Pig by Susan Paczek

No comments:

Post a Comment