Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sculpting Mr. Wonderful Part 2

Still can't find my camera!! so Brendan took these for me.  "Cold Hard Truth", Kevin's life story is very good and I read it in 2 days. 

Here are the Kevin O'Leary Christmas Tree Heads in progress, ready for glaze, as well as my first Nativity scene!  Minus the puppy, who has has run off somewhere.   I'm enjoying working in the low-fire white, which is grey as raw clay because apparently all talc in Canada is now grey.  So as the pieces dry they are different shades of grey.

Once I got the hang of Kevin's head, making more heads became easy.  when they're glazed and done I want to hang them all on a tree outside and take a photo.  I'm also thinking up a modern day legend to turn the Kevin O'Leary Christmas Tree head into a Canadian Christmas must-have.  Maybe written as a poem that scans to "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe.  so far all I have is:

Once upon a Christmas Cheery,
Floating there all smug and sneery
Was the Head of Kevin O'Leary
Hanging on my Christmas Tree...







Kevin O'Leary Christmas Tree Head #1 In the palm of my hand! later ones are smaller.
Kevin O'Leary Christmas Tree Head #1, side view

My first Nativity Scene


No comments:

Post a Comment